2015 Itinerary

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Do you really want to help?

Written yesterday, 4/13/2015

Today was one of those days that I wasn't going to be afraid to ask for help. I was excited to get a
call from someone who asked, "do you need anything?" I replied I'm hungry, fatigued, home alone, and nothing is cooked! Just when I was about to ask her to bring me something to eat, she quickly cut me off and said, "go and get some rest" and then ended the conversation. Maybe I should have left the sob story out and spoken quicker. Lol!

I know most people are sincere, but stuff like this makes it hard for me to ask for help. This is not the first time this has happened during my illness. I've had people to say they were coming by, but were no shows nor called to alert me. SIGH!

So what's my current status: I'm hungry, fatigued, home alone with nothing cooked, therefore I'm plan to go to sleep, HOWEVER, my neighbor and church member Alindria Carroll responded to brought me dinner.

I am learning lessons on how to be a better servant. I have not been a good servant. The lesson for me today is to make sure when I offer service that I mean it. Sometimes it’s the spiritually correct thing to ask others if they need our assistance, but when we do not allow the ones we serve to respond with what their needs are, it is like extending a helping hand while keeping it in your pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment