2015 Itinerary

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bragging Rights

Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the LORD." - Jeremiah 9:23b-24a

Isn’t it amazing how we brag?! We boast about our magnificent homes, luxurious cars, fattened wallets, to die for wardrobes, higher educational achievements, fabulous careers, and our significant other.

There is nothing wrong with being proud of your accomplishments. When I look at my daughters and my husband, I want to tell the world of the amazing feats that each have achieved. However, God says, He is the only one to be bragged on. Why not?! Doesn’t everything we have and accomplished come from God?

Have you bragged on God today? Have you told someone how proud you are to serve Him? Do you ever converse with people and just can’t seem to stop talking about Jesus? If the answer to any of these questions is no, then it’s time for you to REALLY get to KNOW God. Spend intimate time alone with God. Read his Word. Talk to him in prayer. Let Him speak to you. I have discovered that I only brag on those who I personally know. I challenge you to cultivate your relationship with God by getting to know Him in a personal way.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment