2015 Itinerary

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Look Where He Brought Me From!

It all started with a headache. I was having them daily for almost a year. It was determined that I 
Taken Dec. 12, 2014 while hospitalized
needed new glasses/contacts for my eyes and the headaches would go away. They didn’t! I shelved the idea of returning to the doctor because I had other health issues (that at the time I didn’t know was related to the headaches), my mother’s diagnosis of dementia, and her transition from my home to a nursing facility to deal with (which was not going well), so I suffered in silence for another year. Everything came to a head Dec. 10, 2014 when I was hospitalized after having I had a grand mal seizure. The next day I would be diagnosed with a Brain Tumor and then suffer from Facial Palsy, paralysis to the left side of my face. From this day forward, life for me has drastically changed.


Although I don’t have full function of my face, I have come a long way. It’s not as difficult to talk as it was at the onset of the palsy. My face is not as crooked anymore and I can once again smile. However, I still have to tape my eye shut at night to prevent dryness while I sleep. I continue to use a straw when drinking beverages. I still have difficulty chewing.

As I look at this picture of me from December, I thank God for bringing me thus far. I may not be where I want to be, but I’m grateful I’m not where I use to be --- with my face and with my life!

3 comments:

  1. May God continue to shine his light upon you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To God be the Glory! Isn't it funny when are going through we don't see the progress. OOOhhh....but when we look back and see how far God has brought us!!! Hallelujah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! You have really encourage me through this & it really makes me appreciate life & the little things we sometimes take for granted. Yet praying for your continuous healing in Jesus Mighty Name I pray, Amen
    Love You

    ReplyDelete