2015 Itinerary

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Spoke with Surgeon's Office.....


Sported my wig today. I looked HOT!
Today, I contacted the doctor to get the report of my last hospital testing. I must admit, I was a little terrified.  Still nothing concrete, however, surgery pretesting begins next week with a mammogram. Breast Cancer must be ruled out before brain surgery can be performed. (WOW, THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!}


If all goes well, I should be having the surgery within a few weeks. What a way to start the New Year! Tomorrow I have an appointment with my pain management doctor. I still have a knee/foot/hip injury to contend with. It sucks that I can’t drive and have become dependent on my family. They have been so patient and helpful, and sometimes feel like I’m imposing. It’s the independent girl that doesn’t want to be slowed down! I’m learning that God has to sometimes, “make me lie down in green pastures.” This illness has slowed me down and is forcing me to rest.

My condition has also revealed love others have for me. I did not know the impact that I have had on others lives. Really, I have been clueless. I am who I am and do what I do because I really care about others. So many people have encouraged me……and it’s been comforting. I’m okay with the fact that my illness has caused people who would otherwise remain silent to come forth and encourage me. I’m prompted and inspired to do the same. We don’t know when another will take their last breathe. I don’t ever again want to regret not encouraging another human being. I’m responding more to social media post. I want to let people know when they have blessed me. Blame it on the tumor, but I got a new attitude!
 
I am so grateful to have been able to travel to Louisiana to be with family for the holidays. It was the best holiday ever! I seen relatives I hadn’t seen in years. I spent time with my grandkids and all but one of my children. I had a great time with my sister. I finally got to meet a brother I never knew I had. Although I said I would never go back to my childhood home, I did return and visited by dad and the neighbors. Even though dad was reserved, and acted like he really could have done without seeing me, it was good to see him. I didn’t want my trip home to be a “she might die, so let’s all get together” type of gathering. It wasn’t. It was all about
  1. Remembering what we’ve been through and laughing because we survived,
  2. Seeing where we are and being thankful we’ve come this far.
  3. Rejoicing in where God is taking us, particularly with new relationships.

Healing has begun for my family. The enemy would love to use my tumors for evil……I choose to allow God to use it for my good and hope to help others along the way.

5 comments:

  1. I love you and thank you for being there for me if there is anything I can do please let me know... I still got the pic of when we went to see "the rat" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I am so godly proud of you! Love u more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MamaT, You are an awesome Gift to the body of Christ!! You Rock! and I Love you and your family!! To God be the Glory for the things he has done, and will CONTINUE to DO!!! Glory!!!

    ReplyDelete