2015 Itinerary

Friday, March 6, 2015

Another Surgery…..

Cat after oral surgery
Today was an extremely long and tiring day. Because we were snowed in yesterday and I could not get to the surgeons office to have my staples removed, I had the remainder of the staples removed today at 8:30 am. HOORAY!!!  The thought of having the staple in over the weekend and waiting until Monday horrified me. Staples are not comfortable. Unfortunately, my daughter Cat had oral surgery scheduled at 10 am to have her wisdom teeth removed. This surgery had been scheduled before I became ill. 
 
Both my surgeon’s office and Cat’s surgery were located on the same hospital campus.  I can’t drive, and road conditions were still horrible, therefore, we (Earnest, Cat, & I) remained on the hospital’s campus for the duration of both appointments. I was glad to be able to be there for my daughter, even though my head was hurting because of the staple removal. Pain pills helped, but left me sleepy while sitting in the waiting room. My poor dear husband looked exhausted having to taxi us to our appointments.
 
We got home around 12:30, but Earnest pressed on to Wal-Mart to get our prescriptions filled. While he was out, Cat’s mouth began to bleed excessively. I forgot I was ill, went into momma mode and took care of my baby!  I had to wash her comforter, hand wash the wrapping around her face, and tend to her other needs. Once I got her settled and Earnest returned home, I went to sleep because of exhaustion. I did too much, but I had to do what I had to do.
 
Tomorrow I will be serving as a guest panelist at a local church. I must rest and prepare my mind for this. I’m tired, but I know God will hold me up. I am amazed how God continues to shower me with His favor. Even in the midst of illness he continues to provide opportunities to serve and gives me the grace to perform the assignment for His glory! If Jesus can serve while hanging on the cross, who am I not to? This is for God's glory! Please pray for ya girl!
 
Cat and I are sharing my bed tonight. I have to keep an eye on her following the anesthesia. Earnest will sleep in the spare room. Poor dear has TWO sick women to monitor. Pray for him! LOL! At least he will have a bed to himself tonight. LOL!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment