2015 Itinerary

Monday, March 23, 2015

Father Can you Hear me?

Even though I monitor my dad’s affairs, take care of his wife (my mom), and make sure his needs are taken care of, and even moved him into my home (he went back to his home), we have a strained relationship. It’s his choice, not mine. He's a stubborn and proud man. If you don't go along with him a or confront his erred ways, he will shut you out. Narcissism is prevalent in his life. 

Since my diagnosis back in December, my dad has yet to call just to see how I’m doing. Surprisingly he agrees that he does not call me. He only calls when he needs something.

Today when I spoke with my dad, I got really upset. He had the audacity to tell me that I wasn’t emotionally feeling what I had said I was feeling--USED. Funny, he DID NOT say he wasn’t using me. SMH! Anyhoo, during the conversation he stated I was filled with the devil. In my ShaNaeNae voice, “NO HE DIDN’T!” That’s when my head began to turn 360 degrees like Reagan’s in the movie “The Exorcist.” Ut-Oh, did I just prove my dad right? LOL! In my Florida Evans voice, “DANG, DANG, DANG!”! I turned into a MAD BLACK WOMAN, and got sucked into heated fellowship which is not good when you are recovering from brain surgery. Dad has said some harsh stuff to me, but "the devil?" SMH & Chuckling! I’ll laugh out loud about this later, but now I have a headache! Pain meds to the rescue! (NOTE: Please, don't y'all go to bashing my dad.)

Too much drama can lead to depression and sadness. I need to change my way of thinking. Time to write in my gratitude journal. Lord, help me to focus on you. Change my attitude!

Lesson: Satan can’t possess the saved, but he certainly can influence them (including your family) to get you off track. You choose how you respond to negativity. Bad choices can adversely affect your physical and spiritual health. Illness does not make people act right towards you. Can I blame my part on the tumor?

No comments:

Post a Comment