2015 Itinerary

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Just Say No to Drugs.....wish I could!

My daily cocktail
Most illnesses require medication. I’m taking quite a few pills a day. I know many other people take a whole lot more medication that me, but I’m not use to this amount and I am very uncomfortable with it.
 
To aggressively fight my condition, I take a high dosage of Prednisone, a steroid. It’s mindboggling how the medication that is to make you better will also make you sick. Prednisone has caused me to have insomnia. Because I don’t sleep much, my body sometimes crash from fatigue. That is what happened today during church. I left the service early because I felt overwhelmingly fatigued and drained. Once returning to my home, I slept for 5 hours. Currently, I’m feeling much better.  
 
Plus 14 lbs! Prednisone sucks!
Another side effect of taking high dosages of steroids is weight gain. In November I was showing off my slimmer body after losing 35 pounds. Sadly, I’m getting pumped up, literally! Since December, I have gained 14 lbs. In my Florida Evans voice, “DANG, DANG, DANG!” Roline drops salad bowl and starts crying. LOL! Oh, well! There is an alternative. Take the steroids and get better, or not take the steroids and allow my health to decline., I’m no brain surgeon, but I’ll pass on the latter. Saying no to the drugs, prescribed drugs that is, is not an option for me.
 
The extra weight brings about an extra title. I’m DIVALICIOUS and THICKALICIOUS! Yes, I love to make up words! I didn’t choose illness, but I did CHOOSE MY ATTITUDE! No worries, just trusting God because I know this is for His Glory!  
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Amen! You looked fabulous at church, an extra 14lbs or not.

    ReplyDelete