2015 Itinerary

Friday, March 20, 2015

Uncovering the truth......

Monday, I posted a picture of myself after having the remainder of my hair cut off. I appreciate all of the wonderful compliments by so many, however, I soon realized some did not know that I took the picture at an angle hiding the “real story.” In other words, the picture looked like I have a head of hair. Not so. I’m finally getting the nerve to post the real deal! After looking at the finished work of my haircut, I told the barber that he should carve my name or some designs into my hair. LOL! He said he wouldn’t do it. It already looks like it has “designs gone wrong!” LOL!

I’ve grown to like wearing scarves wrapped around my head in different styles. I would love to go without wrapping up my head but, 1) my incision area and balding can’t take the weather and 2) I don’t think I can handle the shocked faces, stares, and/or pointing (I’m just keeping it real).

Last December, I remember attending a funeral after being diagnosed. My face was very much twisted and shifted from the palsy which was caused by the tumor. A woman who usually converse with me approached me to say hello, but she quickly turned away and left me standing there alone. Since that time she has blessed me with calls and sent gifts to my home. I’ve seen her several times in church, but she noticeably avoids me. I believe she can’t handle the way I look and I understand, but it feels like rejection. Maybe I am sensitive, but in that moment I felt like I looked offensive. To protect my emotions, I choose to keep my head covered when in public, because although unintentional, the look I got from the lady at the funeral wounded me. I don’t want to get “the look” again, so I’ll just keep my jacked-up post-surgery hair covered. Thankfully, I do like the scarves.

Here is the real me. Drum roll please:


No comments:

Post a Comment