2015 Itinerary

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tumor Humor And Real Talk: STRESS IS NOT GOOD DURING RECOVERY

It’s been a crazy couple of weeks. Here’s an overview:
The man who cut open my head
twice in one month!
My neurosurgeon Dr. Rammos
  • March 13, Daughter Cat has oral surgery
  • March 20, Cat, who is a Type I Diabetic,  is brought to the ER. She has a kidney infection.
  • March 21 – Was suppose to visit my mom but the plans did not work out.
  • March 22, Cat’s condition is getting worse.
  • March 23, Cat is taken to ER. She is suffering from  an adverse reaction to the meds. Doctor says it’s the worse case he has ever seen. She is released with care instructions. Throughout the day she gets worse, however improves after a call to a doctor who gives additional care suggestions. If she had not improved within 6 hours it would have been back to the hospital.
  • March 24 – Dad is major league trippin’ big time. Sometimes I wonder why do I even try.
  • March 25 – Appt at the rheumatologist for blood work. Dad calls again. Just when I thought it could not get worse, he takes it to another level.
  • March 26 – Doctor’s appointment. I was in the office an extra hour and a half over a concern that turned out okay.  To add, I got very frustrated with having to depend on others to drive me. Those chide remarks can be annoying.

Then, early this morning, while my entire family is asleep, we had a 4:15 am scare at my home. We are laughing about it now, but I wasn’t laughing when I called the police. Let’s just say, I’m glad “I came to myself” when I was about to step outside in my tee-shirt and underwear to help my husband who was surveying our perimeters. Can I blame it on the tumor? LOL! The New Orleans chick was ready to fight whoever was trying to break into the Thomas Castle. It was a false alarm, but tumor or no tumor, I WAS PROTECTING THE FORT!! LOL!

Today, I had an appointment with my neurosurgeon. As a doctor he has good bedside manners, is frank, and tells you the truth no matter how hard it may be to digest, and yet he is gentle and compassionate. I appreciate this. However, in my Kevin Hart’s voice, “I wasn’t ready” for one of his concerns today. I’m still chewing on it, so maybe I’ll share it later.  Another brain issue is the unavoidable stress I have been dealing with the past few weeks. Dr. Rammos agrees this high level stress is not healthy for my current condition. I’m getting headaches because of the stress, and can run the risk of a seizure. I will be scheduled to have hopefully my final post-surgery  MRI in June. I have got to do a better job of calming myself. Dr. Rammos said my incisions has finally closed and looks great! Thank you Lord! I still have a pulling pain from where they had to pull my skin together twice to staple my head shut. I also literally have a hole in my head! For real! It’s going to take some time foe the bone of my cranium to heal. It’s still very sensitive at the top of my head.

Lastly, today I fell and thankfully I did not hit my head. Yep, I was doing something I should not have been doing. At the time it seemed like a good idea. Before y’all lay into me, remember you have done some dumb stuff too, LOL!  Now, my body is sore and I have a headache! UUUUgggghhhh!!!!  

My husband and I pray together at night. Tonight he was thankful for Divine protection because it wasn’t ADT (Alarm system) that kept is, but rather it was God.

Be blessed,
Roline

2 comments:

  1. Wow...just to let you know....Ur blog may be worthless to others but its priceless to me!! This blog here reminds me of a saying that my mom USTA say...
    DONT WORRY ABOUT THE MULE GOING BLIND..JUST HOLD ON TO THE ROPES..
    KEEP HOLDING ON ROLINE...
    BE BLESS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacki. I'm glad you are blessed by my sharing. - Roline

      Delete