2015 Itinerary

Friday, February 13, 2015

ABOUT LAST NIGHT..........

Last evening I completed an assignment as suggested by my therapist and doctor to test my endurance and stimulate brain activity. I was told to rest on Wednesday, stay in bed all day Thursday until time to dress and leave the house, and then rest all day Friday and do nothing. I followed those instructions to the letter because I was concerned that my assignment would greatly fatigue me. Well, I DID IT! I taught a counselors training class at my church. WOO-HOO!

I thought this assignment would help with my memory loss, but it showed me something even greater, and that is--- I CAN TEACH!!!! That is huge for me, because I love to teach! Although my husband was there to take over in the event my brain went mush, I was able to impart knowledge and answer questions, I spoke seated in a pub chair, and even was able to walk a few steps over to the dry erase board. YAY, I CAN TEACH!! And I looked pretty amazing in my “hide my balding area scarf.” LOL! God is awesome.

Admittingly, today I am tired. I am more tired that a 70 year old man with a jheri curl, mouth full of gold wearing a leisure suit in Wal-mart telling the women "Let me holler at you" but it is so worth it!  It’s a stay in the bed day. Yes, it’s worth it because last evening I discovered, I CAN TEACH!

My therapist is on his way over now so that he can do a day after evaluation. I know he is going to be pleased

No comments:

Post a Comment