2015 Itinerary

Friday, February 27, 2015

This Week!

This has been a great week, yet somewhat emotional. Tuesday, I celebrated my 51st birthday. It was
Thuggin' my Bandana to the Doc's office
great receiving birthday greetings from so many family and friends. I even heard from my brother whom I just met the day after Christmas (WOW). I am so grateful. However, I did not hear from my father. It’s easy to say it is what it is, and you would think I’d be use to it by now after all he hasn’t remembered my birthday in over 25 years! But you would think after having a second surgery 4 days earlier he would call and say “Happy Birthday”, or even “How are you doing?” Nope, nothing! it has been a rollercoaster ride with having to deal with a very strained relationship with him and my own illness. Illness does not put other adversity, including family drama on hold. This is why it’s important to study the Word BEFORE the storm so that you can stand during the storm. Disclaimer: again, please don’t say anything negative about my dad. I’m giving you insight, I’m not looking for you to cast judgment or get a pity party started. LOL!  I’m allowing myself to be lead by the Spirit as it relates to my dad. (Hint, Hint, no advice necessary unless you are the Holy Spirit. LOL!)


Today was Field Trip Day! It's pathetic when getting out of the house means going to the doctor! It's even more pathetic when you are excited about it. I had a morning doctor’s appointment. That monthly pain management appointment rolls around quick! Afterwards, Earnest suggested we have an early lunch at Cheddars. I was feeling pretty good, so why not make this field trip last longer. While at lunch, Earnest mentioned he had a coupon for Stein Mart.  So what the heck, I took the
New Headgear
bait! I thought, if I just stay in the accessory area, I shouldn’t have to walk too much. Besides, I needed to get a few cute scarves for when I go out. I can’t wear hats or wigs yet because they put too much pressure on my incision. So, for now, scarves it is.  By the way, half my head is bald now. The rest will most likely be bidding me adieu within the next 2 weeks. Hair is the least of my worries. Wish my healing time was as fast as my hair loss. Know what I mean! I still can’t believe this is happening to me.


Today’s outing did tire me, but not as much as usual. My endurance is definitely increasing.  Now that I have new scarves, it’s time to return to church. LOL! I do plan to attend at least Sunday School this coming Sunday and, if I’m tired, go home afterwards! I still have numerous staples in my head, therefore, I don’t want to overdo it. By the way, the staples come out Tuesday morning. HOORAY!

Many people have asked my why do I have such a positive attitude and why is my faith in God so great. Here it is----you can’t take short cuts. You have to study, meditate, and pray CONSISTENTLY for yourself! Attending church, conferences, musicals, Bible Studies is not going to increase your faith if you don’t roll up your sleeves and do your part. Standing in the $100 dollar line at the conference and being prayed over or given a prophetic word by the evangelist is not going to bring you peace if you don’t do your part. For the past month and a half, because of “mushy post-op brain activity,” I have not been able to study. My consistency before the tumor in study, meditation, and prayer allowed me to retrieve what I needed from my spiritual storage. I double dare you to study for yourself. Make God a priority.  

2 comments:

  1. You don't know how much you inspired me..your journey is helping me deal wat I'm dealing with..Thank you for sharing Ur journey with me. May God continue to bless you so you can be a blessing to others!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rollins, you are truly sending up timber as the old folk use to say! Keep singing praise to God for it is pleasant and praise is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete