2015 Itinerary

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Today I cried....but still I rise

Mood swing
Today I cried. It started out being a cry of joy and thanksgiving. Today, my husband brought home a few cards and a gift from people at my church. I started thinking about all of the cards, gifts, and flowers I have received. You my family and friends have been very generous. I have read every card, message on FB and my blog and I am so grateful. Some I have said thank you to and some I have not. And that’s when my reason for crying began to shift.
As transparent as I have tried to be, I can’t write everything. It’s just impossible. One of the reasons is due to my short-term memory issues. So, I cried because I have received much, but I can’t remember who everything has come from. I knew at the time of receiving it, but because me and the family didn’t write everything down, my memory has failed me. I am grateful for everyone and wish I could express my thanksgiving in a more personal way. This made me cry tears of frustration because of what has been taken away.
And then I started crying because of why I received so many gifts. I am sick. No, I am very sick (gotta call it what it is) and I need help daily.  So I’m having a moment….just reflecting over the way things are now
  • I can’t drive for a year. I’m dependent on others.
  • I must walk with a walker.
  • I can’t clean my own house regularly.
  • My head has a second incision and an additional 30 plus staples in my head.
  • There is a chance of my non-working eye to be permanently damaged.
  • My family has got to be exhausted from the additional duties of caring from me.
  • I can’t visit my mom as I would like to. Today I realized since I am her care giver, she had not been getting her snacks and soda. This really saddened me.
  • I can’t bathe or shower without one of my family member’s nearby to monitor my safety and/or help.
  • We are not going to talk about getting up and down from the toilet.
  • Cooking, my passion, is out of the question for now.
  • The numerous medications I take is scary.
  • The uncertainty is still there.
Even though I have made great progress. I’m having a moment. Guess I never stopped to think about it.  Even though I’m having this moment, I haven’t forgotten that the God I serve is greater than my problems……I’m just having a moment. Why am I having this moment, today, now....blame it on the rain (and you thought I was going to blame it on the tumor). 
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes on the morning. Come on morning! Today I cried....but still I rise. God is still good and his mercy endures forever!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lady Bug! Everything will be alright and it's okay to have emotions in times like this. You are going through a lot and you have BEEN through a lot. You already know that "It is well with your Soul!" Now start counting your blessing one by one and the thought of the things you can't do will seem minor. Praying for you and may God bless and keep you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Your faith and strength in God has help me. Be strong in the Lord and the power of his might.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being transparent. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete