2015 Itinerary

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Before, During, and After Pics

Today’s  picture is of my facial changes before and after surgery. While in the hospital, I experienced a lot of swelling in my face, ankles and legs. 
Blueberry Girl

The doctor said swelling was normal because of all the fluids I was intaking intravenously. The medical staff didn’t seem alarmed. I didn’t care what the doctor had said, I got a little concerned when I started looking like the blueberry girl in the original “Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.” I mean, exactly what quality of life will a blueberry Diva have? Also, "blue" doesn't match my personality! LOL! I remember saying to myself, “I survived brain surgery, but these folks are going to let me die with swelling.“  

The Swelling started on Jan. 18th, three days after surgery. By the next day, I look like I was married to Ike Turner. "Eat the cake Rolina Mae! Eat the cake!"

When I look at these pictures that are over a span of 3 weeks, I can’t help but sing, “Look where he’s brought me from.” I may not be where I should be, but thank God I’m not where I use to be. You feel me?

No comments:

Post a Comment