2015 Itinerary

Monday, February 16, 2015

One Month Since Surgery!

After the 7 hour surgery in NICU
Yesterday was the one month anniversary of my brain surgery. What is there to celebrate? How about the fact that God was good before surgery and the fact that God is still good! How did I celebrate? --- In bed all day!! I'm still recovering, after all, I did have brain surgery a month ago.  #Tumor Humor

So how am I feeling after one month? Tired, fatigued, and exhausted, I taught a class last Thursday that left me tired for two days, but then stress has whipped me since Saturday. Lesson learned: I have to avoid situations that upset me. I am still having pains in the incision area where oozing began last week, but the pain is not as bad as it had been.

A few things I have learned during this past month:
  1. If I had not come face to face with the diagnosis of this tumor and the uncertainty of life, I would not have known how much I trust God.
  2. So many people really cared about me and really prayed for me. I’m grateful.
  3. If I hadn’t gotten ill I would not have found out that so many people love me and I have impacted many lives. When you are focused on serving people and serving the Lord, you don’t keep a tab on who you are blessing. I had never thought about it before, but the emails, texts, and private messages have blessed me in a great way and have opened my eyes to the fact that I have blessed many. No trophy or plaque could have brought this reality to my attention.
  4. A positive attitude will accelerate your healing process. My doctors, nurses and other medical team were marveled by my rapid progress. They attributed my progress to my attitude. My positive attitude comes from knowing the God I brag about. I know Him and I knew in death or life I am VICTORUOS! There was nothing to worry about.
  5. I always knew I had a good husband, however he keeps getting better, Although I have always though Earnest was good looking, I’m glad he has inward substance, A lot of people these days want a thug, or someone who has money or is a good looker. Be careful of looking for things that is shallow, because one day you may end up in the deep waters of illness and that shallow man may swim away and leave you out there with the sharks. My man is GOOD!
  6. I can still TEACH!!!! YAY!!!!

I made it a month. Still weak. Still have difficulty remembering. And I still walk with a walker. But still LOVING GOD! This has been for God's glory and it is still well with my soul!
Yes, my incision goes across my entire head.
I no longer have the hair that's on top od my head. LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Let's not worry aboutvur hair because you are beautiful with or without it..May God continue to show favor towards you ..I will continue to pray for you.
    Be Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What you are experiencing is a love epidemic, where God extends His grace to love you through others! Thank you for sharing and testifying to the goodness of God even as you go through this trial

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly amazing! Your testimony is phenomenal and you have learned so much! Brain tumor or not, to God be the Glory.

    ReplyDelete