|Top shows a portion on my incision area oozing and my balding, Bottom is my and Cat after visiting the surgeon. Large pic is me showing off my new headgear!|
After calling the surgeon this morning he wanted to see me immediately. Catherine and I treaded through the dangerous slick highways, Once there the doctor warned me that he would have to take off the scabs that remain on my incision area, That was his way of telling my it would hurt. As Eddie Murphy’s Buckwheat character said, OUCH, dat hurt! Once he removed the scabs our suspicions were confirmed. The bone of my cranium was exposed, therefore, the incision is not properly healing. I am oozing blood and a yellow-green substance (suspected infection). I will be having surgery in the morning to reopen the incision to repair the incision and evaluate whether I have an infection. SURGERY!!!!! AGAIN!!!! I didn't se that coming!
It’s getting harder to remain positive, but I am choosing to work against negative thoughts. When the doctor said surgery, I got so nervous that I began to shake. He had to calm me down by rubbing my hands and assuring me that everything will be okay. Heck, he said everything would be okay with the first surgery? “Dude, you are about to cut my head open again!” As a matter of fact all you folk who told me everything would be okay because your Aunt Susie, cousin, momma or friend had the same surgery, we need to talk! You didn’t tell me about a second surgery or even the paralysis in my foot! LOL!
Now that I am going back to the same hospital where I had my first surgery, I see this as an opportunity to make a few things right.
- I will not be easily agitated as they have already labeled me. Jesus be a mouth controller.
- I will not try to run away. Jesus be a bed chain!
- I will not sneak in my electronic gadgets. Jesus, I really need you here.
- I will be on time for my surgery. Jesus, be a clock.
- I will not make the transporters wait to bring me to the surgery room until I upload my blog. Jesus, I’m gonna need help here too.
- I will not flash everyone with my real estate while in my hospital gown. Jesus be a blanket. COVER ME!
Tomorrow’s surgery should last an hour (a lot less than my previous 7 hour surgery) and if all goes well I should be home by tomorrow evening.. Wow! I can’t believe this is happening. But you know what, WATCH GOD BE GOD! It may not be well with my circumstances. But it is well with my soul.
Thank you for your prayers