2015 Itinerary

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Treatmeat has begun, Post-op News

My second surgery went well. The neurosurgeon revised my incision. This means without having to
I have to patch up my eye because it still
doesn't properly work. #BellsPalsey
cut open my skull again, he cut open my incision cleaned it out, placed some antibiotic cream in it and stapled it shut again. In 15 days I have to go back to the surgeon to have the staples removed by the surgeon. This will give him an opportunity to examine the healing of the incision. I’m happy with this. I remember when the staples first were being removed, the nurse had a difficult time in the area that later oozed. It was really sore therefore, I don’t think it was properly healing even back then.


My stay in the hospital went well. I WAS A GOOD PATIENT!!!! LOL! It was funny because most of the people  who served me before, served me again and they remembered my shenanigans. LOL!! I REDEEMED myself. The entire surgery room team was the same, so most of them came into my prep room and laughed and clowned with me and my family before rolling me to the surgery room. I thought that was very sweet. The surgery team and I got along really well the last time, so we had to pick up our conversation where we had left off from my last surgery. Once in the surgery room, I don’t know if it was time to put me under with anesthesia or just time to shut me up, because I can do some talking! LOL!

Friday was my neurologist doctor’s appointment to begin my treatment. Snow, bad weather, or SURGERY was not going to keep me from this appointment. With head bandage and barely being able to stay awake, I made it to the appointment. I was ready for the process to begin. By the end of last year I lost 30 pounds. Well, with my treatment, fat girl will be returning. For the next 6 months I must take a high dosage of steroids. I also have to see another doctor who will conduct test to make sure other parts of my body have not been affected. This was a hard pill for me to swallow because this means radiation and chemotherapy has not been ruled out. But it also means WE DON’T KNOW, so I am not going to worry about what I don’t know.

I thought I’d be returning at least to my Sunday School Class on tomorrow. Oh well, I have to rest just a little bit more. I am getting the rest I need and some more. I don’t plan to go back into the hospital. ……uh, didn’t I say that before and ended up back in the hospital! SMH! Well, I’m not going again!

In the Bible, God told Satan “Have you considered my servant Job.” He allowed Job to be tested by Satan because He knew Job would past the test. I’m being tested. It’s good to know that Satan had to get God’s permission and God is only allowing the test because I will pass it. So why should I worry? God got this! My question to you is, "Can God trust you with a test?" "Will you make Him look good?" 

4 comments:

  1. May God Continue To BLESS You, My Dear sister! I needed that last WORD, that question....you don't need to return to your class right now. Your ministry is right where it needs to be...Here in this Medium, with This audience, at this time! Thank God for you and your lessons. I pray for a Full recovery, in HIS time. Love U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassandra, you have blessed me so much with your kingd words and much appreciated encouragement. People like you strengthens me to continue sharing. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're learning from one of the best how to make God look good, and we want to hear God say to us what He has to be saying to you; "Well done good and faithful servant, in you I Am well pleased!

    ReplyDelete