2015 Itinerary

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Weekend Scare: Incision Problem!

I had a scary weekend.  Saturday, my incision, which is at least 6 inches long began to ooze. I also was having pain in the incision area. This is not good! We called everyone before calling the right person. Am I the only person who does that? LOL! For advice on what to do, I called my doctor friend, while Cat called my sister who is a nurse.  My doctor friend tried to calm me down (yes, I was pretty upset), and suggested I call my neurosurgeon. DUH, why didn’t I think of this? After talking with my surgeon who told me what to do to make sure that the wound had not opened and to treat it at home so that I would not have go to the hospital, I took a pain pill and went to sleep. I was a bit scared that something may be wrong.

Now, you super spiritual folks can hold on to the “God has not given you the spirit of fear” scripture. Ya’ll have misused that scripture for far too long. God gives us emotions, and one includes FEAR!!!!  If you open your front door and a strange man points a gun at you, I bet fear will hit you! The “Spirit of fear” is one that immobilizes you and causes you not to pursue dreams, act upon injustice, etc. There is a difference between “fear” and a “Spirit of fear.” And don’t act like you haven’t been fearful in your life. God already knows the truth about you. LOL!

Big Daddy and I in the neurosurgeon's
examination room
Anyhoo, I so very scared that I called ny doctor friend and texted her pics of my head. I am thankful for good friends who are patient with me when I go wacko. It doesn’t happen often, but when I do flip I, I deserve an award! LOL! An appointment was set up for today with my neurosurgeon. I was pretty nervous about this morning’s appointment. I’m calmer now that it is over, but HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM! After the examination, the surgeon became very concerned about my incision. I was given instruction on how to care for it. I have to keep watch and make sure that the areas that oozed (it has stopped) does not open. If it opens we will really have a problem. I’m remaining positive. I still have a lot of pain in the areas of the incision that is causing problems. That’s not good either. I’m grateful for pain meds. My doc was excited about the movement in my “use to be paralyzed” foot. He really cares. He even gave me a hug to comfort me.
 
I’m not going to worry about this. I still trust God. I have a huge physical therapy assignment for Thursday, that I am really looking forward to conquer (details later).
 
This “setback” is just a part of my “Setup for my comeback.” It is well with my soul. God is being glorified!

2 comments: