2015 Itinerary

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Change of Attitude

In October, the Sunday School Class which I teach, begin studying the book “Lord, Change My Attitude” by James MacDonald. It’s amazing how God gives you exactly what you need. This book has helped me tremendously through the season of illness I am in. Thus far, we have covered the first attitude change, from complaining to thanksgiving.

Numbers 11:1 says, “And the people complained in the hearing of the Lord about their misfortunes, and when the Lord heard it, his anger was kindled, and the fire of the Lord burned among them and consumed some outlying parts of the camp.” God was angry when he heard the people complained about carrying their cross of adversity. This scripture has kept me from complaining about my own situation. Instead of complaining about what I am going through, why not celebrate where God has brought me from and where he is bringing me to. While in the land of in between, out of Egypt, but not quite in the Promise Land, I am intentionally choosing to be grateful. It’s a struggle sometimes, therefore I must be intentional. Daily writing in my journal 5 things I am grateful for is teaching me to give thanks in everything. Today I am thankful for:

1.      Leftover food. It means yesterday, I had more than enough.
2.      Visiting mom. Even though she put me out, I hadn’t seen her in over a week.
3.      A check that came in the mail. I purchased my daughter grocery for college with money that I needed for something else. When I returned home, the check was in the mail. The check covered the purchase.
4.      What God is revealing to me through this illness. If it had not happened, I would not have known just how much I really trust God.
5.   My mom cave. I have a space to once again study and craft, at least until May when Camille returns home for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment