2015 Itinerary

Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Next Step - SURGERY!

Two days ago I met with my neurosurgeon to begin writing the next chapter of my life. What’s the chapter’s title? “ABOUT MY HEALING: I GOTTA TELL IT!”


Breast Cancer Center - So much paperwork!
Yes, we have finally decided upon a course of action.  Just keep reading. After the visit, I began post-operative testing. A mammogram was first to rule out breast cancer. “Hold your breath and don’t move!” No problem, I want this to be over! “The first reading is shows concerns. We have to take more pictures.” What???? (Wow, this is really happening.)
It was devastating when the first reading was questionable. But, I submitted and allowed my girls to once again be pulled and smashed. Because of the concerns with the first reading, I had to have a sonogram as well. ALL IS CLEAR, but I’m going to need counseling. I have been traumatized by a mammogram! LOL! Praying for a better way!!

Telephoning my family and closest friends with the game plan was the next step. It was difficult for all to digest, but they handled it well. I felt so much love and it was all good for me. It was weird having a brother on my list of people to contact. WOW, I have a brother. 

What’s the verdict you ask? I know I made you read way too long. LOL! Here it is: The tumor is one mass that is hanging out over both the right and left frontal lobe of my brain and has involved the big vein in the middle. Unfortunately, this is not a good place to be lodged. The greatest concern is not being able to get it all out. If that is to happen, I would need to begin radiation treatment.

I will be admitted into the hospital (St. Vincent’s) this coming Wednesday, Jan. 14th for a few more pre-operative test. The next day, Jan.15th, surgery is scheduled to remove the tumor. We won’t know for sure what we are facing, including whether or not it’s cancerous, until I am opened up. Therefore, the surgery can last anywhere from 3 to 10 hours. My doctor is hopeful that the tumor is Meningioma, which is usually benign.

So how do I feel about this? I am at peace! I trust the God who created the doctors. The Great Physician is the one who I am looking to for healing. IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL……but there is that part of me that keeps saying, “Wow, this is really happening.”

3 comments:

  1. Wow Roline you are so brave! I felt the same way when I was diagnosed with colon cancer, all I could think of was lets get this over. I didn't realize the seriousness of the situation until news of people I knew where dyeing from cancer. It was the reassuring WORD from God that I had from day 1 that "Everything will be alright!" I am praying that everything will be alright for you too. I am eighteen months out of being cancer free and due for blood work next week to test my CEA levels.
    Your sister in prayer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I celebrate with you on being cancer free. In my case, everything is ALREADY alright because God is in control.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete