2015 Itinerary

Friday, January 2, 2015

Today's thoughts.....

My friend, Dr. Marcus King, Senior Pastor of the Discipleship Central Community Church in Dallas, TX wrote this on his facebook page. I pray it blesses you as it blessed me.
 
There really aren't two most important days in your life. The quote is cute but inaccurate. The quote says "The day you were born and the day you find out why." There are actually 5 days that are most important.

1. The day you are born
2. The day you are born again
3. The day you find out why you were born.
4. The day you start doing what you were born to do.
5. The day you die with peace knowing you did what you were born to do!

As I face my own health challenges, I have found myself at peace. Death is not a loss of hope, but a passageway to eternity. I haven't given up but as a servant of God walking and serving in my God given purpose (#4. doing what I was born to do), I have peace knowing that the day I die,  I did what I was born to do.

I don’t know what’s ahead; therefore, I will continue living my life like it’s golden! To die is gain. I’m not afraid. As a matter of fact, when I do transition, I won’t be asking God to send me back to this earth because I got more work to do. Uh, why would anyone get that close to the presence of God and ask to return to this world? No, not this sister! Don’t get me wrong, I am not giving up on life…..but I certainly will not reject being with the Lord. Funny, how we Christians can boast on heaven being our goal, but when the prospect of dying comes, suddenly, “it’s not my time!” What’s up with that? IJS!

I went into the office today to do ministry work. I am transitioning leadership of the Lay Counseling Ministry while I am in recovery. The next few days will be all about tying up loose ends. It was difficult being there because I know I am a burden bearer. The thought of not serving saddens me. I made a video of that moment. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3fvO8QHo_A
 
 I keep reminding myself that all will be well. Trust in the Lord with all your heart diva! He got it and he got you!

Today's photo shoot!

I’m discovering, when you choose to live life on purpose, you become better able to accept what God allows.
 
Camille was my driver for the day. She and I went to the office and did a little shopping. While at the office, a wonderful lady named Angie Reed and he husband John brought a gift to me. I was so touched by the thought that went into the gift. She ha observed the fact that I love paper crafting & Scrapbooking, therefore she filled a box with things I can use to continue my "life's work!" LOL!  Wow! What blessing! Angie has encouraged me in ways she doesn't even understand. I have grown to love her and value every word she says!
 
Earnest cooked breakfast for dinner, YUMMY! I love me some him. He's YUMMY too!

This is for God's glory!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment